We arrived safely in California on Friday afternoon. We only had a few hiccups along the way. I ran over a flying helmet/hardhat and we drug that for quite a while. Trevor thinks it messed with his car, but nothing is leaking or broken as far as we know. We also weren't quite ready to pay a California toll with cash. We had to drop my dress off in Pinole and didn't even think about it. We should have a nice citation in the mail when we get back.
Saturday, my mom and I went to Costco to pick up some beverages for the reception and got some fruit too(just for snacking while I'm here)! We went to the mall to shop for bridesmaid gifts and I needed somethings engraved as well. Later that evening was my bridal shower. It was a lot of fun, I was happy to see everyone and I am so thankful for everything we received. It kind of sends you into shock! The night was filled with love and advice for me, women are so wise : ) Trevor spent the day at Josh and Mel's house and got to see their kids. I know he had a lot of fun. We are always so happy seeing family again and it's been about a year this time.
Sunday, we went with my mom to show us the wedding site and we love it, it is the perfect size for a comfy evening with friends and family, with lots of room to not feel stuck at a table or anything. The owner, June, is fantastic and seems to have everything under control! After we were finished taking a little tour, we ventured to Bodega Bay, where my aunt is getting married in October. It was a beautiful day and it is a gorgeous place to get married, I cannot wait to see that. When we got back Trevor's family and I drove to visit his grandpa and played a couple games of pool. I had forgotten how fun that game can be. Kathy and Grampy are quite the pool sharks, Trevor and I didn't stand a chance against those two.
Monday, we got our marriage license! We are legal : ) I thought the ordeal was very intense, I think they like to put the fear in you! After surviving that, we visited my mom at work. She works in the new theater built at the Napa JC. It's a great building, all we could think was, "this place must have cost a fortune!" Other event of the day were watching Monsters vs. Aliens and the Princess and the Frog, both of which turned out to be good movies. The rest of the day was spent over at my parent's house picking music for the big day! I think we got it all figured out know : )
I know I could use a few more extra days to get ready, but oh well can't slow down time! Plus We are too excited!

0 comments:
Post a Comment