Only 2 weeks until we tie the knot! We are getting more and more excited everyday!
Today was a busy day. First there was school for the both of us. Finals start on Wednesday, so we are almost finished with the Summer term and we get the first break we've had since going to school the entire year straight through!
Then we went to my former roomate's wedding reception. Stephanie and Aaron were so happy and Stephanie looked amazing! She even made her own wedding gown with lace and gathers, if I could do that I definitely would, but I know I am horrible at sewing and terrified of sewing machines. One day I will have to get over that! They had a dessert crepe bar that was sooo good and exciting. I am pretty sure the man cooking the crepes was showing off. Then there were pitas and hummmmmmmmus as well as a warm spinach/artichoke dip with bread slices. And to top it off there was a spread of fresh fruit and yummy drinks. We could only stay for about an hour because we had a date with RC Willey.
A couple days ago we looked at what they had in mattresses and were sold on a healthcare memory foam mattress and needed to order it today. When we came back we reevaluated all the mattresses in our price range again and bought a different one! It is so cozy and we were happy to have another big decision out of the way.
After that we made a trip to our future apartment to move in a load of "stuff" and when we opened the door, it was a sauna inside. I hate being that hot. Especially when Utah's weather today was melting me enough. The worst thing is that we ran the AC for the past 3 days in hopes it would cool down after being off for about a week. There was nothing but light warm air blowing through the vents. Trevor was curious what the temperature was and the AC shut off at nearly 100 degrees! How in the world!?! Trevor and I were very disappointed. We had hoped the apartment would be livable by this weekend so that I could stay there and we could slowing move things in as I took my time unpacking and decorating. Just one more thing that needs to be fixed. I will be calling management in the morning. There was also a completely new and absolutely awful smell coming from under the sink and that just about made Trevor want to relocate then and there! Not to mention someone was parked in OUR one and ONLY parking space! How rude. The list could go on, but I will spare you.
We wrapped up the night with a movie and pizza from Nicolitalia Pizzeria in Provo, our new favorite.
We know that everything will work out and we couldn't be more happy going into such an exciting event. We are hoping to be able to wrap up everything we need to before we leave in order to reduce the amount of things to do once we get back. Another thing I'm looking forward to seeing my bridesmaids and maid & matron of honor, it will be nice to talk to each other in person!
PHEW! Good night all!
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Wow. How time has flown!
Posted by Jesse at 1:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow! The experiences of starting off with a new apartment and a new life! I have to say I admire your positive attitude and hope you can keep your chin up! After all, you have so much to look forward to in the next couple of weeks and I do believe, you will not be able to stop smiling!!! I am so glad that you are having fun!!! Love you!
Post a Comment