Where do I begin?! This was a day both Trevor and I had been anxiously awaiting. We decided early on in the process that we didn't want to see each other before the wedding and I am so happy about that. The feeling of excitement not only turned me into an emotional ball of goo, but added another level of anticipation. The thought of seeing him waiting for me at the end of the aisle was so comforting. After countless days picturing our wedding, of course I was curious what his reaction to seeing me was going to be as well.
Even though I had imagined our wedding day many times before I could have never imagined the happiness and support I felt that day. My family and my bridesmaids woke up early to prepare for the day. My amazing hairdresser, Michelle that has cut my hair since middle school, came to the beach house at around 7:30am to get started and brought her daughter to assist her with all the curling. Despite being on a tight schedule, the morning remained relaxed and happy. Before I knew it we were loading up into cars on our way to the wedding site. My mom dropped me off at the bottom of the drive-way and I hid behind a tree while sneaking a peek at the set-up. It was beautiful! I teared up a little right after seeing the red napkins on the clean white tablecloths. Everything looked so happy and bright just how we wanted. What made me even more happy was that it was looking to be a beautiful day, the sun started to shine right through the trees and the whole place had a great natural feeling. Thank you to all the behind the scenes helpers that made it look so wonderful! (Trevor even put the centerpeice flowers together for the tables!)
Once my maid of honor and mom met me at the bottom of the hill we walked straight into the bride's room to get ready. I'm so glad there were lots of people to help me get ready and it was a great moment to share with them all. When I walked in to the room I saw an envelope with my name on it (not realizing it was from Trevor), my beautiful bouquet and flowers for the bridesmaids. I turned over the envelope to open it and immediately saw a doodle in pen that I immediately recognized as Trevor's handwriting. All of the emotions I had been controlling so well all morning hit me like a ton of bricks. I was realizing in that moment what was about to happen and felt so sure about spending the rest of my life with Trevor.
Guests were arriving still so I had more time to make sure I didn't have any wardrobe malfunctions and the photographer was able to get a lot of pictures of my dad and I waiting together, my bridesmaids and some bridals with my flowers and such.
Finally, it was time to line up and I had a rush of nerves and Adrenaline, having my dad there to distract me was so helpful. I would look back and see the bridal party walk down the brick path one by one and it felt like I was imagining it all. Each one looked back and smiled at me before they walked : D They told us it was time to go and my dad and I had to walk down a variety of steps. As we went we whispered a united "Left, right, left, left, right, together" haha Some steps were too big and risky to go marching down and some were so small you had to switch right away. I remember stopping for pictures along the way, smiling a ton and when we reached the aisle my eyes started to well up.
I felt so happy to see all these wonderful people there to support Trevor and I, and they were all smiling so big and some were crying like me, which made me feel better about being so emotional. I looked at Trevor and felt so pretty. He was smiling so big.
From there we went on to take pictures and then to a wonderful reception with people who mean so much to us. It was an unforgettable day and it felt so good to be married!
0 comments:
Post a Comment