Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Planning, Planning, and more Planning : )

It has only been a week since Trevor and I got engaged, but we have been busy bees the entire time pretty much. I love being engaged to him and we are having lots of fun talking about our future. Right now we are doing a lot at once, we are in the midst of choosing an outdoor venue for the ceremony and the reception(this will be decided by Sunday hopefully). We have set a date AUGUST 21st 2010! It's quick, but it truly was the only date that worked with our school schedules and the schedules of our parents. However, we still wish it was sooner... We can't wait to be married! Currently, we are settling the guest list. Most places are 150max capacity, but we are shooting for 100 because its getting expensive! We have a list of about 350 very meaningful people that we somehow have to pair down. Today we registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond and we started a registry online with Target, but have to find sometime this week to do the rest in-store. Hopefully this week we will be able to have engagement photos taken as well, so that we have an insert for the wedding invitations. The save the dates will have to be picture-less because of time. Things to work on: wedding website??, bridesmaids dresses, tuxes, decorations, music/DJ, food etc. But most will soon be figured out once we have a location. I also need to fit in a trip to Costco because they are having a great sale right now.

Everyone has been telling us to enjoy our engagement and we are taking you all up on that. A couple nights ago we turned on some of the jazz music that we fell in love with during a history of jazz class we took together at BYU and we danced around for about 3 hours straight! lol You can be sure some of that music will be put on our wedding playlist. There's nothing like some good ol' Louis Armstrong!

Another exciting part of this wonderful journey has been the apartment search. Trevor and I are looking forward to saving the gas and time it takes to drive to each others apartment complexes and instead be under the same roof! We spent almost an entire Saturday scouting out the Provo area. We have narrowed it down to about 5 or 6 places that all cost about the same. Trevor and I became quite the experts. I had a list of things I wanted to know about every complex. On about the 3 place Trevor caught on and asked all the questions so I was able to write everything down. It was a lot fun.

Here is a little inspiration I found with the wedding colors/theme I would like. Isn't the bouquet beautiful?

PS Mel, if you're reading this I think you are able to comment now : )

0 comments: