Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cha-Cha-Changes

So, after more research on where to live I actually changed my mind to choice #2! Turns out there are a lot of hidden charges at College Park that after reading the rental application I was kind of appalled at. For instance, if you have a plugged sink you must pay $40/hour for maintenance to fix it! NO WAY JOSE! This all switched as I was driving on a break to get Trevor's rental application for the College Park apartment... Heritage Court is on the way and at the last minute I turned left into the HC parking lot. I knocked on the on-site manager's door and explained to them that I would like to see an apartment ONE more time. The first time a guy showed us around, but this time it was his wife and I had a whole list of more questions: Is there snow removal in the Winter? How is the neighborhood? Is there a lot of crime? Are there noisy neighbors or noise from the street? and more(I was on a roll lol). Once we walked into the apartment I knew I had to tell Trevor to forget about the other place. It looked larger, the kitchen is newer, there is room for storage, there is a lot more windows for light, and the same price! I picked up an application and hopped in my car to tell Trevor I had completely changed my mind. He was happy and admitted that Heritage was always his first choice, so this was a good change.

Today I met with the Manager Lady to pay the application fee and she even showed me the exact apartment we will be moving into. The couple that lives there currently were very nice and let me look around. I am in love with this place! Our apartment is on the end of a row on the top floor. It is located in a more quiet part of the complex far away from the street. I got so excited when sitting back in the office talking to the lady. Right now we are waiting to be approved (background checks and Credit reports, you know). On Monday we are set to pay the deposit and sign our lives away! WHOOOOO!
Also I got a long over-due hair trim because my split ends were outta control! I had some time to kill before my appointment and walked around the shopping center a bit. DeAnna, my future sister-in-law, had said she wanted to register at Williams-Sonoma when she got engaged and low and behold there Williams-Sonoma was starring me in the face. I walked in thinking what both DeAnna and I had settled on, this place is pricey. BUT next thing I knew I had a scanner in my hand, ready to go! I registered for things that were unique, most affordable, and only a couple DREAM items "what? did you say a deluxe Parmesan cheese grater? mmmmmmm *drool* I love my Parmesan!" We are planning on going to Target tomorrow to round out our registry adventures. So in the end it will be BB&Beyond, Target and Williams-Sonoma.
After Trevor got off work he came over and accompanied me to Costco, where we tried to make the best use of our Month-of-May coupons. I splurged on some veggie patties and Trevor got some Alaskan Salmon burgers... sounds delicious to me! When we got back we watched "Where the Wild Things Are," which we redboxed. While watching it, I gave Trevor a haircut so that we both will look fresh for our engagement photos this Sunday with Angela Fairbanks http://www.angelafairbanks.com/. She skates with me on my synchronized ice skating team and is by for the most affordable photographer I have found that takes great quality photos and even includes ALL the images on a CD for you that you can print and post freely anywhere you want.

In other news, my mom is driving here Sunday and will be here for a little while. I'm excited to have her stay with me and have someone in this empty apartment to talk to : ) I can also give her a long-awaited hug, since we announced our engagement.

As far as school goes, I already have my first final for Spring semester on Tuesday! It has flown by. I also have a big presentation on Cryptosporidosis (a illness you can contact via water, at waterparks and such, caused by microorganisms) on Wednesday. I think Trevor will have his final soon as well. Wish us luck!


This is how I picture Trevor and I in about 70 years... <3

0 comments: