Oh my goodness. I didn't know how liberating today would feel, but I feel free as a bird! It has been just about two weeks since my jaw surgery and today the wires holding my mouth shut were taken off!
The feeling was so weird I almost cried. It's odd feeling my top teeth in front and being able to stick my tongue out again! I can't open my mouth very wide, enough to manuver a spoon though. But I am truely amazed at how much the little things we do and don't even think about matter when you can no longer do them. For instance think for a moment about how much you actually use your tongue. Humans lick their lips many times throughout the day as well as chase down brownie crumbs from the corners of their mouths, we nervously bite on the top or bottom lips, make countless facial expressions, and we talk! Our tongue is essential.
Right after my appointment in Oakland, my dad took me to KFC/A&W and I had a side order of mashed potatoes and gravy with a Blended Root beer "freeze" drink. It was delicious! Real food is awesome. I tried to eat a french fry and that was really difficult at first, but I got the hang of it now. I have to break off little peices at a time and softly bite down. Wow what a feeling!
I still have my braces on and have to wear rubberbands to guide my teeth when coming together. Tomorrow I see the orthodontist, so we'll see what he does next!
Hasta Luego Blender! (except for yummy milkshakes of course... : ) Don't I just look So Happy blending? lol
Oh! and I forgot to mention that I can talk pretty much normal now! People can understand what I'm saying and life is SO much easier already! Trevor, I am so excited to call you!
3 comments:
YEA! I'm glad our'new and improved' (can I say that?) Jesse is on her way back to "normal" (can I say that, too?)We miss you! ;o)
Well that depends if you thought I was normal to begin with! haha
Yeah for no more wires!
Post a Comment