So I have a Juicer. I can Juice whatever I need. BUT I buy juice from the store, so what do you think I should use it for? (a rhyme!) I don't want it to be a waste of money, anybody got any yummy ideas?
As far as my face goes... It is almost back to normal! The right side seems to be healing slower than the left. My chin , lower cheek, and bottom lip are still numb on the right side. I hope that's not going to stay like that, eventhough that is a possibility. Today and yesterday my lips started to get bumpy. Since the surgery they have shed the chapped-ness twice, so they are very thin and sensitive. No fun. I apply vaseline liberally throughout the day. Thank Goodness for vaseline.
Also the ice packs that the hospital gave me lasted a week. I woke up one night freezing with ice cold water pooling up around my neck and soaking my shirt. I loved those ice packs and I figured that the hospital would kindly give me another set. I sent my dad out to refill my pain medication and at the same time told him to do whatever it takes to get another set of hospital ice-bags. (They gave me another kind at the informative class before surgery. There are two gel packs that you put in the freezer and slide into the pockets and it velcros around your head. It looks better, however the icepacks turn into bricks in the freezer and are very uncomfortable when trying to ice a bony jaw.) So you see I needed the ice-bags! When my dad returned he proudly showed me the ice-bags! He said that he had had to go all around kaiser and finally a nurse in the surgery department appeared with them, cautioning, "Don't tell anyone where you got these." So thank you dad I knew you could do it! lol
Saturday, June 13, 2009
I have a Juicer
Posted by Jesse at 12:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Keith and I have a juicer. He made an apple-kiwi-strawberry mix. DON'T DO THAT IT WAS THE WORST THING EVER. Stick with the fruits and vegetables that go good together. :D
I'm glad you're feeling better! Whenever I hear someone is having jaw surgery I get really nervous because I know someone who had a bad jaw surgery. So I'm so happy you're doing well!
Dads are the best! As far as juicing, I don't know, maybe a carrot or something! Actually, I think Lukey used to do that. Yeah, it's coming back to me...when he was younger, he liked to eat carrots. Well, "juice" carrots, and then spit out the pulp. It wasn't a pretty sight. Good luck.
ahaha okay so maybe this juicer idea wasn't the best... lol
Post a Comment