Friday, May 29, 2009

Uneventful

The overnight shift mentioned below was almost completely uneventful. There was one call at about 2 am for an alarm going off. No fires. No Medical emergencies. Just bad sleep. I was afraid to fall completely asleep because I didn't want the engine to go out with me. It was still a good experience. The red lights came on the call was announced and I heard the automated voice too, which I guess was the point.

Oh, and I've have had several appointments since I last wrote too. I had X-rays, molds/impressions and 3 pre-surgery appointments. All went smoothly Kaiser took blood and and a physical exam. As far as I know I passed all of the tests. I don't know yet what time my surgery will be in the day so that's all I'm really waiting on. I hope it's in the morning because I'm not supposed to eat anything even water for the 8 hours prior to getting to the hospital, but if it in the afternoon I will have to count back hours yadda yadda yadda. Recovery is going be interesting, if you don't know what happens afterwards, feel grateful that you don't!

: )

2 comments:

Em said...

We'll be thinking of you on Wed. good luck with your surgery. BTW- nija is pregnant. we don't know what to do with the kitties. I know, we were pretty irresponsible parents and now we'll be grand-parents. Ugh. Oh well. such is life. we didn't have the money to get her spayed before but I think we'll find it somehow after the kittens are born. :o)

Jesse said...

I knew it would happen! Darn those spring flings!