Thursday, June 21, 2012

Moving to the OK state

Caution: BIG CHANGES AHEAD!

Trevor and I are moving to Stillwater, Oklahoma at the end of July! Neither one of us has been there, but we are getting excited to start another adventure together. We are moving in hopes of eventually being admitted to OSU as residents of OK state. I would like to attend their veterinary school and Trevor might be looking at doing a master's or PhD program in something physics related, maybe engineering, computer science or more physics.  There are a lot of pieces that have yet to fall together, but we just aren't sure. We are taking a risk and hoping for the best.

We have a place to live, have moving boxes & the truck reservation, and have each other. We are currently working hard to find jobs. Once that happens, I'm sure we will both let out a big sigh of relief.

It's always bittersweet leaving a place you've been for a while. There has never been a place I didn't enjoy living in. I am still nostalgic over upstate NY, rural Montana, of course our home in California, and now Central, Utah. It's funny to think that everything that seems so familiar right now, will become a bunch of memories and feelings soon. We will miss having family get-together's at Em's, Zach's and Evan's, familiar jobs that have become second nature, and friends willing to hang with a married couple (although, I still think were pretty cool). There are people and moments I miss from every place I've been. It would be nice if we were settled down somewhere that everything was set, but that isn't where our life is at right now. Gotta keep working to find our place : )

Something that I think is pretty cool is how much Oklahoma has been popping up in conversation and in our surroundings. I guess once it's out in the universe it comes back to you, eh? In sports, the OK Thunder is in the NBA Finals... although no matter how much I cheer them on through the screen, they seem to lose it in the final 3 minutes of the game. I'm still pulling for them though in game 4!  It is kinda cool though that the year we are moving to OK they are in the finals. In other news, Miss Oklahoma, made the top 5 in the Miss America Pageant and let's be honest, she should have won... she was the only one with bangs! LOL Also, samples that we send to get analyzed at the vet clinic where I work are sent to the company, Antech in Stillwater, OK, which is run under the veterinary college. And the list could go on. We're taking them all as good signs : )

So there you have it. We are relocating! Oh and we don't know our address yet, but when we do we will let you know!

 Some random facts: Pistol Pete is OSU's mascot! How cool is that? and their general mascot is cowboys and cowgirls. Also their state plant is mistletoe, state flower is the OK rose, and state game bird is the wild turkey. 

0 comments: