and a great 100 days it has been!
My comparative animal anatomy & physiology professor and pre-veterinary mentor said it was just my luck that I am am now associated with the term for a female "jackass." I kindly accepted her compliment as donkeys are in the equus family and she knows my love towards that group of glorious mammals, but mostly because she has the authority (as a veterinarian) to call things as they really are. I might have taken offense if it were anyone else! haha.
Thanksgiving seemed to go by pretty fast. In the morning Trevor played two hand touch with his brother Zach and his co-workers. He had fun, but was pretty sore afterward. After that we all met up at Emily and Gilbert's house for dinner, there was Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, yams, green beans, rolls, salad, and plenty of dessert. I think the turkey hit pretty hard this year because everyone fell asleep! When Trevor and I got home we just relaxed until bedtime, even I was tired and I didn't even have any turkey!
Trevor and I are becoming quite a team. He even came shopping with me to approximately 7 stores with me on Black Friday! We got some good deals and were able to utilize the last of most of our remaining wedding gift cards.
Around the house we have developed a good routine. We trade-off on dishes and other chores and do laundry every weekend. Exciting, huh? Enthralling. I'm am a lousy cook, but have potential (I am practicing... baby steps) so we usually prepare meals together most of the time too.
One thing that makes married life good is feeling valued, even when you've had a lousy day or week. I'm so much happier than I was before, especially when we lived in two different places. I am so grateful for Trevor, he has brought out myself again and man does that feel good. And despite the challenges that come with the name Jesse Jenny, I wouldn't want it any other way : )
"Last name" "Jenny." "Jenny?!?" "Yes, Jenny, J-E-N-N-Y." "Oh okay..."
1 comments:
Oh, Jenny...opps! Oh I mean Jesse! This name will plauge you for the rest of your life! I hope you have better luck than I have had! :) It's a good thing Josh and Trevor are worth all the trouble!
Post a Comment