On December 10, 2010 my best friend, Sarah's beautiful mother passed away from a hard battle with pancreatic cancer. Sarah and I became "besties" when we ice skated in Vacaville, CA on our first synchronized ice skating team together. Behind the scenes of every competition was our mothers working away, making sure we were ready to get on the ice, hair was prefect. BUT before that they put in countless hours fundraising, making handmade team apparel, and driving us to tri and bi-weekly practices beating the sun to rise. Sarah's mom became a second mama to me, she watched Sarah and I skate and just like my mom cried with joy throughout. The same support and love followed us throughout our teenage years to present.
| |||||
| Mom(Catherine), Me & My Bestie, Sarah |
On December 11, 2010 I received a late phone call from my mom telling me that UCSF had a kidney for my dad. He has been waiting for a kidney for a LONG time and this was wonderful news! I was so grateful for the donor and donor's family for the charity they showed in a time of their own sadness. My dad is home now and is recovering very well.
![]() |
| We are goofy! |
![]() |
| Such a good memory : ) |
Happy Holidays!


0 comments:
Post a Comment