Rattlesnake? yes. Isn't that dangerous? yes.
I do research at BYU in a lab where multiple research topics are being studied: Horse colic, Cow metabolic reproductive diseases, sun bear diet studies...... rattlesnake tracking and a isotopic ratios. yadda yadda.
There is doubt in my mind that the fun part of research is being outdoors, collecting samples, and interacting with people and animals. My good friend Nalani invited me along with her, our advisor, and Brian, who's doing research on the Great Basin Rattlesnake to wrangle some snakes, take lab samples and use GPS microchips & telemetry.
Nalani and I drove to Baker, Nevada together in a rental car and met up with the Dr. Roeder and Brian. We located some snakes, snatched them up, took them back to the lab and then returned them safely back home. Dr. Roeder would say this was HIGH ENTERTAINMENT and I would have to agree!
 |
| That is me holding a rattlesnake in a snake tube |
 |
| Brian and I getting ready to implant a microhip |
 |
| Nalani and I: The Future Vets of America!! |
 |
| Where do you draw blood from a snake? Well, the tail of course. |
 |
| Nalani's hand. Snakes head. No. Big. Deal. |
 |
| Up close and personal : ) I love this picture! |
 |
| Brian and Dr. Roeder blazing the trail ahead of us. |
 |
| Oh boy, if we get into the same veterinary school it's going to be a great 4 years! |
1 comments:
Wow, Jesse, you are one adventerous, and daring little gal! I like snakes, but avoid the poisonous ones. The work you do is very interesting to me. Trevor and you don't have any dull moments, do you?!!
Post a Comment