Thursday, March 1, 2012

Veterinary School Woes


I think it's about time I wrote an update about veterinary school. In short: I applied to 8 schools across the United States (listed below) and unfortunately did not get in this year.

  • University of California Davis
  • Cornell University
  • Kansas State University 
  • University of Florida
  • Iowa State University
  • University of Georgia
  • Michigan State University 
  • North Carolina State University
It's been a journey with various high and low moments, but I realize this is not the end of the world. What's next? you may ask.... The answer to that question is being sorted out day by day. Trevor has waited so patiently for me to figure out where we were headed, but now we are at a new starting point. We are thinking of: continuing on to graduate school degrees, applying again to vet school (having improved my application of course), or choosing a new career path. The plan we have so far is to work/work/work until we figure it all out. I am current finishing up here at BYU and want to end with a 4.0 (it would be my first at BYU :D), so I'm pretty focused on that short term goal. I look forward to the moment when I will have no school obligations. At least, until I choose to dive in again LOL. 

Don't worry though, I am not ready to throw in the towel. When I go to work at the vet clinic, I love every moment. I enjoy meeting people in the community and be able to help treat their animals (mainly horses and cattle). Every time I am reminded of how hard the veterinarians work to keep their clinic going. I see the long hours they work and how hard they try to keep clients happy. I have experienced both the not so glamourous moments, the incredibly sad & humbling moments along side some great moments too. I know that I could be a great veterinarian... it's just the path of getting there that is challenging. So I will continue to try, unless something better for Trev and I comes along. Roll with the punches, go with the flow etc. right?


1 comments:

CMorgan said...

I love you! No matter what you choose you will be great! Hang in there :)