Monday, November 30, 2009

Back to the Blog

I am getting so excited for Christmas! I have some good ideas for things to get Trevor this year, which has never happened... besides maybe the first year we were dating.

A few updates:
Midterms: Let's just say I had A's before them and who knows what grade I have now after them. I think they went a little smoother for Trevor, but I never consider his major to be easy...

Ron & Corey's Wedding: My Sister Corey got MARRIED November 21, 2009 and it was beautiful! My parents flew Trevor and I out to Cali for that weekend. It was stressful in the beginning, but was totally worth it, I even squeezed in an appointment to the orthodontist (I know you all are thinking how much fun that was...) I could get my braces off in a month, but as far as schedules go I can't seem to fit it in... so maybe February 2010 I will finally be able to feel what it's like to have a simple mouth again. Anyways, Trevor is a dancing machine and we danced at the wedding all the way back home. Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Ron Morgan!(more details and pictures in a future post)

Thanksgiving Break: BYU doesn't offer breaks often so we toook advantage of this one for sure. We had a pre-Thanksgiving dinner at Trevor's friend Nate's house. It was so nice. We enjoyed the company of Nate and his Wife, Chris and their 4 kids. Their girls are fascinated with Trevor, completely enamored with him... it's so cute, looks like I have some competiton! They also have a newborn, which I got to hold : ) All I can say is that it is so hard to see them squirming in discomfort, makes me so sad. They have a little boy and by the end of the night we were buddies. Chris made a pot roast, big veggies, rolls, and we brought some salad. When were were about to dish up Nate pulled out this poppy seed salad dressing from the fridge that is our new favorite. The food was great, the table was so pretty and we even had cider! We ended the night with the new Mario game for the wii and said our goodbyes.
Thursday- we started the day off early with a grocery run to Walmart. We didn't have any set plans and figured we would at least make a feast for ourselves. We bought Mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, dressing... you know what kind, ruffles & french onion dip for snacking and stuffing(MY FAV). Later we decided to combine food with Zach and DeAnna and had good laid-back evening. We watched Nothing to Lose and the latter half of Happy Feet haha. Trevor had downloaded the Ugly truth on his computer so after we left Z&D's we stayed up and watched that at his place.Friday- we participated in our first Black Friday for one thing and one thing only. A PS3 deal. Even with the odds stacked against us(arriving around 4:30am) we were handed a Ps3 at around 5:08am! We were SHOCKED and so proud that we decided to brave the chaos. Trevor has been wanting this for a Loooong time and I was so happy that he finally got it (Hence all the gift ideas I have... whoo hoo!).

Saturday- We went and saw twilight. We enjoyed it overall and the movie crowd was even mature... so rare here.

In between all that we made dinners together, watched some Conan episodes and contemplated what we were grateful for. It was such a good break.

Now that time is flying we have finals and end of the semester projects to work on. After that we are headed back to Rochester, NY for Christmas and a trip down memory lane. We can't Wait!


0 comments: