So after a whole summer of telling Trevor how much I missed the ranch that I worked at and saying things like, "I wish you could come see it with me," Trevor agreed to go with me. We left well before sunrise from American Canyon and arrived at Florence Lake at around noon. Then we hiked 2hours until we came to the ranch. We were only there for one night and left the next morning... I forgot to take pictures until we were hiking back out with Luke and Hilary, friends, newlyweds and owners of the ranch, but some pictures are better than none!
When we arrived at the ranch I got to say hello to almost everyone who I had missed so much and they gave us everything we could need. We stayed in a brand new cabin with walls and windows. They are rebuilding the ranch little by little and everything is looking great there, but it was such a luxury! We went swimming in not so warm, Warm Lake, but preferred lounging in the sun with the dragonflies buzzing about. On the way back we crossed the San Jaoquin river and Trevor accidentally dipped his shoe in the water... kinda sucks when thats your only pair! For dinner we ate with the crew and were so full. We got to clean up in baths filled by the natural hot springs and then we finished the night by a beautiful anti-mosquito trash fire. We all hiked out early in the morning and we headed home.
I missed those horses so much, but what a great feeling to see them all again. I went in the corral and they all came and said hello to me as if I had spent everyday with them. I wish I could take them all home with me.
Hopefully, Trevor and I can go again and stay for longer, work at the same time too. It's an amazing place.
I missed those horses so much, but what a great feeling to see them all again. I went in the corral and they all came and said hello to me as if I had spent everyday with them. I wish I could take them all home with me.
Hopefully, Trevor and I can go again and stay for longer, work at the same time too. It's an amazing place.
0 comments:
Post a Comment