Saturday, May 22, 2010

We're Finally Engaged!!!

So here is the story you've all been waiting for! Hopefully, it will make you all happy inside:


Today was the first day of park decent weather in a long while (it was short-lived). The morning started with laundry and for me gearing up for a morning at the rink. I have been coaching a little 3-year-old Ivy for the last month getting ready for her first ice skating competition. She did so good and I was very proud of her and all of her hard work! I invited Trevor to come watch her skate and he showed up in nice jeans and a plaid button-up shirt, very handsome. Upon seeing him I said, "You look great!" and he said, "I feel like I look like a dufuss." We laughed and we went on our merry way. After Ivy was finished skating he left to run some errands and I stayed to help with the competition. After it was all over I called Trevor and he asked if I wanted to go to a park. As I mentioned before the weather has been quite unpredictable lately. I have been waiting months to celebrate Spring time, but have been unlucky. So since the weather was perfect I said "That would be great! I'll go home and grab some snacks and a blanket to sit on." Trevor picked me up and we drove around to find a suitable park and finally decided that Pioneer Park on Center Street in Provo looked the best. There was a little farmers market going on and so we got our stuff and perused the various booths. We had expected more booths to be selling produce and fruit, but it was mostly woven bracelets and other jewelry. One stand was selling navajo tacos that looked pretty good, but we kept walking when we saw the price. Soon we found a nice peice of grass to lay out all our goodies under the tall trees. We layed down and commented on how fast the clouds were moving and I began to shut my eyes a little when all the sudden Trevor lifted my hand up a little and placed the ring on my finger. He simply asked, "will you marry me?" and I said, "Yes, of course I will!" and I proceeded to cry like a little baby. We poured ourselves a cup of lemonade/fruit punch mixture and had a little toast. We stayed there a bit longer and took in what a beautiful day it was and commented on how happy we were. We tried to tell as many people as we could and shared the respones with each other smiling and laughing. Then the sky started looking like it was going to rain so we got up, hugged and headed towards the car. At one point I stopped and said, "hey you didn't get on one knee..." to which Trevor said, "No I didn't because I thought it would be more romantic and more of a surprise the way I snuck it on your finger," but then he quickly got down on one knee and said "will you marry me?" and I said a quick, "Yup!" He bounced right back up and then we went to enjoy a nice lunch. It was wonderful and we are so happy.


Trevor told me that he has had the ring for 2 months and the weather was never quite like he wanted it. Meanwhile every day I would prepare myself for a proposal and thought quite honestly that it was never gonna happen. So today REALLY surprised me. I love the ring he chose and couldn't feel anymore lucky. He is the best!

0 comments: